1000-Lb. Sisters star Amanda Halterman details tragic upbringing including financial troubles and mu

May 2024 · 3 minute read

1000-LB Sisters star Amanda Halterman has shared new and upsetting information about her family's troubled past.

On TikTok, a fan asked Amanda, 42, "I get the impression that you all had a hard upbringing. Can you touch on that?"

The TLC star responded that she wouldn't discuss her childhood in detail.

She said that sharing information about her upbringing would also mean sharing information about her sibling's upbringing.

She added that she didn't think they were ready for that story to be told.

Amanda did say that their upbringing was "different than other folks," and they grew up "very poor" with a single mother that had five children.

READ MORE SLATON

The 1000-lb Sisters personality talked a little about the trauma she experienced when she was six years old when her grandfather died.

She said her uncle, her mother's oldest brother, put "antifreeze" in her grandfather's tea.

As a result, Amanda's grandfather passed away.

The television star said, "That was really tough on us. Our grandfather was a very very special guy, and although I was only six, I remember some of the things he taught me as a little girl."

Most read in Entertainment

Her memory of him is made up of her memories and what other people have told her about her grandfather.

STICKING TOGETHER

Fans gushed over Amanda's relationship with her four siblings in the comment section of the video.

One said, "I think you and your siblings have a closeness that a lot of families don’t have. Your upbringing is nobody’s business. I admire your family a lot."

Someone else commented, "Something needs to not be told that is your business. Share only what you want to! Love you bunches."

"You seem like a great sister to your siblings. You seem level-headed and give good advice. I love watching the show and wish you all the best," added a third.

Another said, "I totally understand and am so glad that you think about your siblings' feelings before speaking of things about your lives."

WE'VE HEARD THIS BEFORE

Back in February, Amanda's sister Amy Slaton, 35, shared the head-turning detail about her family history in an episode of 1000-lb Sisters.

During a brief moment in a confessional in episode five, Amy revealed that her uncle murdered her grandfather.

The topic came up because the TV star explained that her brother Chris reminded her of their grandfather while he was gardening.

She then revealed her grandfather “drunk antifreeze and he passed away. My uncle fed it to him.”

She goes on to say that the murder is featured in a book called Murder in the Heartlands: Volume 2.

Written by Harry Spiller, the relevant chapter is called The Antifreeze Murder (Shawneetown, IL).

The story reveals that the Slaton's grandfather, Charles T. Ellis, got sick after drinking iced tea laced with antifreeze.

He was taken to the hospital but he passed away after two weeks.

Read More on The US Sun

At first, his illness was thought to be caused by a stroke, but the evidence eventually proved that his son Charles Jr. poisoned him.

In January 2015, Amy gave the book a five-star review on Amazon and said: "Very sad book. My grandpa was one of the ch in it."

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7tbTEZqqupl6YvK57xKernqqklravucSnq2hwY21%2Bdn2UaGhpaGBiuaN50qKqrZ2iqHqiucCnm5plmJa5tbHRppinZZaeu6K6wqKYpWWkp7y2rsueZKatopmys3s%3D